Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Getting there is half the fun?


Here are a few images of part of the Dark Eldar army that is emerging.  Here we have Ashara's venom, which carries her Incubus retinue.  I had put this one together at the same time that I was converting the jetbikes, hence the extra fins made of plasticard :-)


Gotta have those recent captives!


Here's another venom.  These are still in pieces right now for ease of painting.  That's why the banner is backwards :-)  The ventral splinter cannons have all been magnetized.


The last week, as I have been making bases for dozens of other minis, I worked in the bases for the vehicles.  Three venoms, a raider, the Razorwing jet fighter, the Chronos pain engine, etc...


I put the severed heads on the venoms to represent the grisly trophies.


Much more to come!


The building process is essentially over with these guys, with the exception of the objective markers.  Initial painting has been going on here and there where possible.  One of the squads of Wyches that travel in these venoms is almost painted... stay tuned!!!





6 comments:

  1. Looking great! Thank you for not putting Tau heads on them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess there is one Kroot head on one pole. Really more interested in Space Marine heads on the sticks! :-)

      Delete
  2. Looks sweet. Ikeep marvelling at your DE stuff :D
    Would you mind sharing the source of the captive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the company was Bronze Age minis, although I could be wrong. It was a while ago, and I keep forgetting the name!

      Many thanks for checking out the blog!

      Delete
  3. James, are the pilots glued in before you paint? I always cringe when I play against people with completely assumbled, unpainted minis because I think about the difficulties in painting at some angles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you look at the Razorwing post, you will see that these vehicles are all painted in pieces. It was pretty clear right away that it would be impossible otherwise! However, it made it almost impossible to try to do any test games with these, since they were all in those pieces :-)

      Delete